In our Catholic School,
with God at the centre of our lives,
we offer every child a high standard of education.
We meet individual needs,
in a caring and loving community,
which celebrates our faith.
....Living, Loving, Learning Together....
HFS Vision for our Pupils
At HFS our Mission Statement of ‘Living, Loving, Learning Together’ underpins our whole school community. Gospel values run through daily life.
We want our children to thrive in the 21st century as educated and well-adjusted individuals, who also understand and care for the environment. We want them to be kind and value others, confident, resilient, collaborative, and always to be developing their own capacity for self-directed learning and thought. To be able to persevere.
We aim to achieve this by following the 2014 National Curriculum and by:
- ensuring that our curriculum intent is implemented throughout all subjects and curriculum activities, giving a broad and balanced learning experience for every child.
- ensuring that clear strategic planning allows the curriculum to be unique, adapting to our school and our children’s needs. Also preparing them to function in a world beyond the classroom.
- the use of careful strategic planning – daily/weekly and medium term planning which is responsive to children’s needs, from Early Years where we demonstrate ‘In the Moment Planning,’ and across the school in planning and assessment.
- always having high expectations which enable the best possible outcomes and learning journey, with meaningful links
- preparing children to confidently move through all stages of transition
- valuing mental health and well-being as much as academic achievement, where our children feel secure in a caring and loving community.
- continuing to ensure that staff work collaboratively to develop the curriculum and provision, and participate in continuous professional development, keeping a good awareness of the latest research in teaching and learning
- maintaining an environment that facilitates high quality teaching and learning
…… Aspire not to have more, but to be more……