Welcome to the Year 6 class page. This year we endeavour to fill this page with fun and laughter, with memories to remember and challenges faced. We hope you enjoy our page.
Year 6 have created our own prayer for the beginning of every day.
Today we welcome you into our hearts, our minds and our family
Open our hearts ready for loving
Open our minds ready for learning
Open our eyes ready to follow in your footsteps
Thank you for all the opportunities we have been given in our education
Encourage us to be brave and to try new things each day
We ask this prayer through you our Lord
• Be positive about homework and tell your child how important it is.
The attitude you express about homework will be the attitude your child acquires.
• The best time for children to do their homework is soon after they arrive home. A short break and snack is recommended first.
• Provide a reasonably quiet and suitable place where your child can work.
Make sure that paper, pencils and a dictionary are available and appropriate.
• When your child asks for help, provide guidance, not answers. Giving answers means your child will not learn the material.
• Learning spellings and times tables will help your child to improve their writing and to be more efficient when doing their maths work.
Daily practice is best – little and often.
• Homework is always based on work previously done in the class and so should be able to be done independently. Your child may need support with the initial instructions and a little prompt to get started, but if they really don’t understand your child needs to ask their teacher to explain it again.
• It is important that homework is handed in on time.
Your child might have to spend some of their Golden Time completing any unfinished homework.
• Keep homework clean, presentable and completed to a good standard.
• Thank you for supporting the school by supporting your child.
Today year 6 had their happiness and relaxation day.
PJ's and cooking biscuits.
What a great day!
WW2 -Goodnight Mr Tom
To continue with our topic for English of Goodnight Mr Tom the children had a DT day and made model plane spitfires, designed their own identity labels and identity booklets. They had a great morning.
Look at our amazing trip
Grafham was so much fun!